Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Jean De Florette / Manon Des Sources

I watched them. I love them. The story was good and the characters were great. I liked all performances, especially Yves Montand's Cesar Soubeyran. I won't be able to forget any of the characters. Berri did a wonderful job of treating the characters with respect. The visuals were beautiful and subtle. They were treated with as much respect as that of the characters. Beautiful hills also hint towards nature's harshness. Red carnations on Ugolin's farm remind us about past crimes. Beart was so beautiful that it hurts! Jean's spirit and the music from his harmonica will haunt you for a long time. Pauvre Ugolin. I like that character too. "Its not me, its my eyes". I've got to watch other movies of Auteuil. I will watch Cache soon. All in all, it was a very "french" movie. Rating 9.5/10. I think that the story was not extraordinary, but the movie treated the viewer with some respect, and that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home